It's that time of year again, it's my own little habit or tradition if you will, to look at the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year and see where I am now, the things I've accomplished, the things that I need to work on. (Honestly I just realized because I happened to look back at my list of blog entries to make sure I wasn't repeating my titles, as cheesy as that sounds, and saw my Resolutions one from the beginning of the year and was like OH SHIT I gotta do this!)
So as my tradition goes, here are my 2019 resolutions and their updates:
- Yoga & meditation 7 days a week! (I do it now and want to maintain that) - Yoga yes, I practice every day, sometimes a few times a day. Meditation not so much, I'm up to 5 days a week right now
- Meditation duration for 20-30 mins each time, the goal is 30 mins consistently (not going to be hard on myself if it's not 30 mins, but it HAS to be 7 days a week!) - Currently 10-20 mins, not beating myself up for it, I'm happy I'm getting them in when I can, I do take a breath when I feel a bit out of sorts and I don't turn on the tv or look at social media in the morning when I have my cup of coffee, I take in the quiet, I say morning to my puppy, all before waking the kids and getting on with my day.
- Pick a location and book a retreat for the end of 2019 or beginning 2020 (super excited about this one!) I liked Maine, I might do that one next year, I dunno yet, I still have another destination I want to attend before moving forward
- Teach full classes (10-15 people) I'm ready for the full classes now (this one is more manifesting than anything else) - This one I'm still working on, but I feel the time is now and the numbers are increasing!
- Pamper myself twice a month (mani/pedi, massage or facial, something for ME, I work 7 days a week and it doesn't end when I close for the night, so I deserve something nice) - So far I do only once a month and it's more maintenance cause let's face it waxing is not really a form of pampering but it kind of is, so going to make an appointment for a pedi soon so I can some pretty colors on my toes this month.
- Get back into running (Rutgers Half is my goal this year, honk if you see me running on the road!) - NOPE! I did a 10k this year, my first 10k which was great! But not running just yet, I did treat myself to a new pair of sneakers. I'm kind of burning the candles at both ends right now,so time for running is not in the cards just yet, I might squeeze it in twice a week right after a class.
- Bring in teacher training to the studio - WORKING ON IT!! Def not a 200 or 300 series, but other types of training people can benefit from and enjoy! So far we have Reiki 1 & 2 lined up!!
- 2-3 adult events a week at the studio (working on this, so if you're interested in having a workshop at my studio don't hesitate to reach out) - getting some interest, taking the steps to continue to make this happen
- 1-2 Kids events at the studio a month (also working on this and again if you have some great mindfulness workshops that children really connected to, please reach out) - Working on it, we have kids camps this summer, very excited about those!!
- Bring in a new practice to the studio - so far it's beginner classes, looking for a new practice like Ashtanga or I don't know yet, but I'm open to suggestions.
- Get someone to help with the boutique & class check-ins, so I can manage the business - I had this but ended in May so looking for help again.
- Get out of my own way ( I do this a lot, I get in my head and learning to stop) - still working on this
- Manifest more! - I manifested 8 new students this week, hoping to bring in another 8 next week
Okay so this is it for now until I figure out what else I would like to accomplish or add to this list.